How To Mute/Unmute Status Notification In WhatsApp [Android,iphone,WP]
Today, hereby this article i am gonna introduce you with one of the latest WhatsApp features. Most of the whatsapp users think that they knew everything about WhatsApp because they are using it from last 2 to 5 years. But actually those people are wrong, Whatsapp is a App which remains updating time by time as to provide the best user experience.
Lets begin the journey of learning latest whatsapp features…
How to mute or unmute the status notification feature on Android Phones ?
Whenever a contact number (who use whatsapp) update his/her status in status bar, it starts reflecting in the screen of other saved whatsapp contacts.See Below Screenshot
Now the matter is how to hide this notification from the landing page of whatsapp. You need to follow a brief procedure to hide the status notification feature in your whatsapp:-
How to Mute | For Users of Samsung, Gionee etc.
- Open whatsapp,
- Go to status screen, as shown in pic. 1.2,
- Let’s assume, this is ‘Pk’ of which you want to block or hide the status updates,
- Now find the person named ‘Pk’ in status screen,
- If ‘Pk’ had updated his status in last 24 hours then he shall reflect in status screen under the head of ‘Recent updates’,
- After finding ‘Pk’, tap & hold his status for a while,
- Now a pop-up will appear onto the screen, as shown below in ‘pic. 1.3’
- Hit on ‘Mute’ option,
- Finally, this way you mute or hide the pk’s status updates. Now it’ll stop reflecting in your whatsApp.
How To Unmute WhatsApp Status For Android Users??
- Open whatsapp
- Go to status screen, as shown in ‘pic. 1.2’
- As the given example above, look for the person named ‘Pk’ to whom you have already muted.
- After finding, tap & hold his status icon.
- A pop-up will re-appear on the screen but this time it’ll be for unmute or unhide the status updates from ‘Pk’ . As shown in pic. 1.4
- Finally, Hit the option “Unmute” and just after the hitting, As ‘Pk’ updates his status you will find a notification in whatsapp landing page on your Android instantly.
How to mute or unmute the status notification feature on iPhones ?
- Open whatsApp,
- Go to Status Screen,
- Then swipe left on the contact’s status update and tap mute.
- This way you can mute the status updates in iPhone also.
How to mute or unmute the status notification feature on Windows phone ?
- Open whatsApp
- Go to Status screen
- Long press a contact’s status icon and then tap mute.
- So this way Windows phone users can also mute a contact’s status updates eaisly.
To unmute a status update in Windows phone or iPhones, you need to follow the similar steps. At the last step, you just go to muted status and tap Unmute.
Final words: We welcome your doubts or suggestions, it will help us a lot to provide you a best user experience on our site. Therefore you may ask anything without hesitation.