Mentally Disabled Scheme By Gujarat Government
About the Scheme
- Daycare scheme, primarily for enhancing interpersonal and vocational skills.
- Provision of caregiving support to PwD is in the centre.
- Helps in supporting family members of the PwDs to get some time during the day to fulfil other responsibilities.
- Day-care facilities to PwDs for at least 6 hours in a day along with age-specific activities.
- RO should maintain a ratio of 1:1 for LIG (including BPL) and above LIG PwDs.
- Batch size 30 PwDs.
- The scheme will be available in the entire country except for J &K.
This scheme aims at setting up Vikaas Centres for the welfare of PwDs. Registered Organization (RO) should provide at a minimum following facilities in their Vikaas Centre:
NOTIFICATION: CLICK HERE
II. Day Care
RO should provide day-care facilities to PwDs for at least 6 hours in a day (between 8 am to 6 pm) along with age-specific activities. Daycare should be open for at least 21 days in a month. Expected batch size of a Vikaas centre is 30 PwDs. The minimum attendance required for a PwD in the Vikaas centre is 15 days per month for National Trust to fund the PwD.
Batch size of a Vikaas centre is 30 PwDs with a maximum number of PwDs allowed is 30% extra of batch size i.e. 39 for Vikaas Centres. On reaching the maximum limit of 39 PwDs, Vikaas centre shall not allow anymore PwDs to enrol in the centre. ROs are encouraged to apply again if they have a sufficient number of PwDs for the new Vikaas Centre.
RO should maintain a ratio of 1:1 for LIG (including BPL) and above LIG PwDs (which will be paid seats for RO). Payment for the above LIG seats could be received by RO from parents, guardians, family members, RO or any other institute/ individual directly as per mutual agreed terms and conditions between RO and the other party involved (parents, guardians, family members, RO or any other institute/ individual)
The ROs should also get in touch with paediatricians or experts in a similar field to seek help in getting more PwD enrolled in the Vikaas centre.